If you are unsure of your member status, please contact us via the contact page.
Being a Member of the Neighborhood Association
While being a member gives you the right to vote at EENA meetings and the right to be an officer on the EENA board, your contribution goes beyond you to help the whole Emerson East Community. Most notably, it helps EENA subsidize the cost of printing The Neighbor (the neighborhood newsletter), flyers/notices, advertising for the Annual Emerson East Yard Sale and for refreshments at our Annual Membership Meeting.
Having a strong and dynamic Neighborhood Association is important to protect the quality of our lives, neighborhood, schools and parks by:
- Maintaining a strong sense of community pride and identity.
- Being more effective as a single voice when dealing with the city, developers, the police, local businesses and other entities.
- Creating and maintaining the neighborhood resources, experience and talent pool needed to work together on neighborhood activities and issues that concern all of us.
- Informing the neighborhood of local community events/activities and issues through meetings, events, The Neighbor newsletter, flyers, notices, email groups, Facebook, NextDoor and website postings.
- Encouraging residents to participate in making our neighborhood a better place for us now and in the future.
Keep Emerson East a strong, safe neighborhood in which to live, work and play!
Join the Neighborhood Association
Membership term starts at the Annual Membership Meeting, held in October, and ends just before the next Annual Membership Meeting, held the following October. In order to vote from October 4th, 2017 to October 16th, 2017, you must have paid your dues for 2017/18.
The dues on the form indicate a per-person fee, not a household fee. Starting October 2016, EENA is trialing making the dues voluntary, in an effort to become more inclusive.
Suggested Dues (per member, per year):
– $10 for one adult
– $5 for one senior (60+), one student, or one low-income person
– $25 for businesses or organizations.
Please note: Even if you plan not to pay the suggested dues, you still need to fill in the membership form (at the bottom of the page) to keep your membership active.
Direct all membership questions to Amanda Duesterbeck (EENA Treasurer), via the contact page.
Three Ways to Join
Please make your check payable to: Emerson East Neighborhood Association
And send the form and check to:
Emerson East Neighborhood Association,
P.O. Box 3385,
Madison, WI 53704-3385
Come to our Monthly Meeting, first Wednesday of the month, or our EENA Social, third Tuesday of the month, and sign up.
To pay online, fill in the form below and press submit and then click on the “Buy Now” button.